Creamy Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Dip is everything you love about the traditional dip with a boost of added protein to keep you full. Creamy, cheesy, and delicious, it’s quick to make and perfect for feeding a crowd!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
Decadent, gooey, and ultra cheesy, there’s nothing better than a fresh batch of spinach and artichoke dip. Especially when it’s served with a side of thick crusty bread! Honestly, we could eat a whole batch on our own. So, we made a recipe that allows you to do just that and stay full! This creamy chicken spinach and artichoke dip recipe is:
- Given a boost of protein to keep you full and satisfied.
- Loaded with fiber and nutrients thanks to the veggies.
- Made in a single dish.
- Perfect to serve as an appetizer, snack, or light meal!
Ingredients You’ll Need
We took all the classic ingredients you expect to see in a spinach and artichoke dip recipe and made them even better with a few additions! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese – This forms the base of the dip, creating a rich, creamy texture.
- Sour Cream – Used to add a bit of tang.
- Greek Yogurt – We recommend using full-fat Greek yogurt for the richest flavor and a smooth texture.
- Chicken – Make sure your chicken is fully cooked!
- Veggies – Frozen spinach and canned artichoke hearts add bulk to the dip along with a boost of nutrients.
- Garlic – This creates the savory flavor we all love!
- Salt and Pepper – Use as little or as much as you’d like.
- Milk – This helps combine the ingredients, creating a smooth consistency.
- Cheese – Mozzarella and Parmesan are sprinkled on top for a crisp layer of cheesy goodness that makes this recipe out of this world.
How to Make the Best Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
Once you realize how easy this recipe is to make at home, you’ll never need to make the trip to a restaurant again! Here’s how it’s done:
- Combine the Ingredients. Add all of the ingredients except for the cheese to an ovenproof skillet or baking pan, and stir to combine.
- Top. Sprinkle the Mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Bake. Place the dip in the oven until the cheese is golden brown on top and the mixture is bubbly. Serve warm with bread, pretzels, or veggie sticks!
Tip: If you don’t want the crisp cheesy crust on top, mix the cheese into the dip before baking instead.
This dip is best served right away while it’s still warm. However, if you have leftovers, they can be covered with foil or transferred to an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Then, when you’re ready to eat, pop it back in the oven. Or, warm it up in the microwave until it’s heated through!
Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Dip Common Questions
To prevent a watery dip, be sure to drain the veggies, and use a clean paper towel to pat off any excess moisture before adding them to the dip.
Yes, just be sure to let them thaw, and drain off any excess moisture.
Yes! This dip is naturally gluten-free.
More Crowd-Pleasing Dip Recipes
Looking for more easy dips? Try out more of our favorites below!
Creamy Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 8 ounces frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 2 cups artichoke hearts drained
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons salt + more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet or baking pan, add all the ingredients except for the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown on top.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.