This turkey breakfast sliders recipe is the perfect savory breakfast option for weekend brunch, Sunday
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Sliders Recipe
If you know us, you know we can never turn down a good sweet recipe. Especially when when it comes to breakfast. Plus, with recipes like chocolate baked oatmeal, cinnamon bun
- They come together in less than 30 minutes.
- They’re great to make ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week.
- You can easily customize your sliders with all your favorite add-ins and toppings.
- Thanks to the use of brioche buns, they’re savory, sweet, and unbelievably addicting!
What Are Sliders?
Believe it or not, sliders were first invented in Wichita, Kansas in 1921 by the first White Castle restaurant. The mini burgers are believed to have been named for the large amount of grease used to cook them, which caused them to “slide right down” as customers ate. Today, White Castle still sells their infamous burgers. However, they aren’t the only ones.
Over the years, the recipe has evolved and been adapted countless times and sliders are even served in some of the most prestigious restaurants in the country. Today, the term is no longer exclusively reserved for burgers and is often used to refer to any type of small sandwich like these turkey breakfast sliders!
The Best Breakfast Sliders Ingredients
More than your average breakfast sandwich, this turkey sliders recipe is loaded with ingredients for a satisfying breakfast or brunch that’s sweet, savory, and everything you could ever need. Here’s what we used:
- Slider Buns – For a fluffy texture and sweet flavor, we love St. Pierre’s brioche sliders, but any small slider buns would work just fine.
- Eggs – Be sure to leave your scrambled eggs just slightly undercooked, because they’ll continue to bake in the oven!
- Turkey – We use regular deli sliced turkey pieces, but any deli meat or protein could be substituted.
- Chives – Added for a sharp onion taste.
- Cheese – Three different cheeses including Pepperjack, Mozzarella, and Parmesan are used to create the sliders recipe of your dreams!
- Butter – This is brushed on top of the bread for an extra rich taste and a slightly crispy exterior.
Feel free to mix and match your favorite ingredients to switch up the flavor of these sliders! For instance, some of our favorite additions include:
- Turkey Bacon
- Leftover Chicken
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Peppers
How to Make Turkey Breakfast Sliders
This sliders recipe looks like something that would be served at your favorite restaurant, but it’s so easy to make at home!
- Scramble the eggs: Heat a skillet over medium heat, whisk the eggs together, and scramble them up.
- Layer the sandwiches: Place the bottom half of your buns in a greased baking sheet. Layer the turkey slices on top followed by the eggs, chives, and Pepperjack cheese.
- Top: Place the top half on the bun on your sandwiches. Brush melted butter on top, and add a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Bake: Pace the dish in the oven, and bake until the cheese is melted. Serve warm!
Make Ahead and Storage Options
This sliders recipe is seriously a lifesaver for busy mornings when you barely have time to make a cup of coffee. It’s easy to prepare in advance and stores amazingly when you follow the tips below!
Make Ahead: Assemble all of the ingredients in your baking dish, cover it with foil, and store it in the fridge for up to 1 day. Then, when you’re ready to eat, all you have to do is pop it in the oven, and breakfast will be ready in minutes!
Refrigerator: Wrap your sliders individually, transfer them to an airtight container, and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Once cooled, wrap each slider in foil, place them in a sealable bag or airtight container, and freeze them for up to 2 months.
To Reheat: One of the best things about this recipe is that leftovers can be reheated from frozen and taste great! Just pop them in the microwave in intervals of 30 seconds until they’re heated through.
More Savory Breakfast Recipes
Looking for more savory breakfast options to keep you full all day? Try out some of these egg-filled options!
- Baked Shakshuka – Full of healthy ingredients, this is our favorite weekend breakfast bake!
- Greek Breakfast Casserole – Savory, cheesy, full of vegetables, and easy to make meatless, this is one recipe you can feel confident about serving.
- Turkish Eggs – This creamy, comforting recipe is guaranteed to knock your socks off.
- Protein Packed Egg Muffin Sandwiches – McDonald’s has nothing on these egg muffin sandwiches!
The Best Turkey Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- 12 St. Pierre Brioche Sliders
- 6 ounces smoked turkey breast slices or choice of deli meat
- 12 eggs, lightly scrambled (season with salt and pepper)
- 3 Tablespoons chives chopped
- 6 slices Pepperjack cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded (more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 13×9 buttered baking dish, add the bottom half of the sliders. Top with turkey slices, eggs, chives, and Pepperjack cheese.12 St. Pierre Brioche Sliders, 12 eggs, lightly scrambled, 6 ounces smoked turkey breast slices, 3 Tablespoons chives, 6 slices Pepperjack cheese
- Add the top half of the sliders, and brush with butter. Sprinkle the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.1 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 2 Tablespoons butter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.