This shakshuka is a great breakfast to make on the weekends and requires very little ingredients.
What is Shakshuka?
Shakshuka is a breakfast staple in a lot of North African countries. It is a dish consisting of poached eggs in a spicy tomato sauce, with peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil, cilantro and spices.
We found this Mina Shakukha Sauce , which makes this recipe SO easy! It is vegan, non-dairy, non-GMO, all natural and keto friendly!
- 2 16 oz Mina Shakshuka Sauce
- 4-6 eggs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 11x7 baking dish add the shakshuka sauce. Crack the eggs over the sauce, making sure not to break the yolks! Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- bake for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are over easy (feel free to bake longer to your desired "doneness").
- Garnish with feta cheese, avocado, and cilantro.
- Serve with crusty bread, pita bread, or naan bread!
Serve shakshuka with crusty bread or pita bread, serve it for dinner too! This pretty oval baking dish can be found here. It is approx. 1.5 quarts.