This Cannoli Dip recipe uses 5 ingredients for the best no-bake dessert perfect for every occasion. Creamy, delicious, and full of chocolate chips, it features all the cannoli flavors you love with half the work. Serve it with waffle cones, cookies, or whatever else your heart desires!
Table of Contents
What Is Cannoli Dip?
Cannoli dip is simply a dessert recipe that recreates the taste and texture of the creamy filling found in authentic cannolis. However, unlike the traditional dessert, this recipe does not use any sort of shell. Instead, mascarpone and ricotta combine with a few other ingredients to create a sweet, creamy dip that is served with waffle cones and other dippers for an easy, crowd-pleasing dessert. It features all the traditional cannoli flavors you know and love with half the work!
5-Ingredients You’ll Need
One of the biggest appeals of this cannoli dip recipe is how simple it is to make. With just 5 ingredients you’ll be on your way to a sweet treat in no time! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mascarpone Cheese – This will create a true cannoli flavor, but you could use cream cheese instead if preferred.
- Ricotta Cheese – Make sure you use whole milk ricotta and drain any excess liquid before adding it to the dip.
- Powdered Sugar – This melts into the mixture, helping to sweeten the dip.
- Whipped Topping – We love to include Cool Whip for an extra fluffy texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Make sure you use high-quality pure vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients. Trust us. You can taste the difference!
- Chocolate Chips – We recommend using mini chocolate chips to ensure you get bits of chocolate in every bite, but regular-sized chocolate chips could be used in their place.
How to Make the Best Cannoli Dip Recipe
This is one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make! Follow the steps below, and it’s ready in minutes.
- Combine. Add the mascarpone, ricotta, and powdered sugar to a large bowl, and use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat until smooth. Add the whipped topping, and beat again until it is just combined.
- Add the Chocolate. Use a spatula to gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill. Place the mixture in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set, and dig in!
We love to serve this dessert with a wide variety of dippers to satisfy a crowd! Some of our favorite options include:
- Waffle Cone Pieces
- Graham Crackers (Chocolate and Vanilla)
- Nilla Wafers
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pizzelle Cookies
- Cannoli Chips
Cannoli Dip Recipe Common Questions
To ensure this recipe stays safe to eat, we don’t recommend leaving it out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. If your party lasts longer, pop it back in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill before pulling it out again!
Once prepared and covered or transferred to an airtight container, leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Unfortunately because of the high dairy content, this recipe does not freeze well. Luckily, it’s super quick to whip up!
More Easy Desserts
Whether you’re hosting a party or just craving something sweet, we’ve got you covered with plenty of easy dessert recipes!
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna
- S’mores Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
- 2-Ingredient Biscoff Mousse Recipe
- Hazelnut Chocolate Crock Pot Candy
Cannoli Dip Recipe
- 8 onces mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping softened in refrigerator
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add the mascarpone, ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat until smooth.
- Add the whipped topping, and beat again until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until chilled and set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.