This Warm Feta Dip with Marinated Olives is savory, tangy, and unbelievably delicious. Pair it with all your favorite dippers for a crowd-pleasing appetizer everyone will enjoy!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
If you know us, you know we’re huge fans of all things feta cheese. However, this warm feta dip is truly a showstopping recipe!
- It’s made with a handful of ingredients for a super easy recipe.
- Combined in a skillet and baked, it’s quick to toss together.
- Loaded with fresh ingredients, it’s savory, tangy, and herbaceous.
- Baked in a skillet, it’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this warm feta dip, we divided the ingredient list into two parts one for the feta dip itself and the other for the marinated olives topping. Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Warm Feta Dip
- Feta Cheese – A plain block of feta cheese forms the base of the dip.
- Cream Cheese – This adds a creamy consistency and tangy taste.
- Labne – Often referred to as yogurt cheese, this is a type of fermented dairy product that is tangy like yogurt but smooth like cream cheese. If needed, Greek yogurt works as well.
- Mozzarella – Full-fat Mozzarella will give you the smoothest texture and richest taste, but any kind you have on hand is totally fine.
- Water or Milk– Use as little or as much as needed to thin out the ingredients and form a smooth dip.
For the Marinated Olives
- Olives – We use a combination of Green and Kalamata olives, but feel free to use whatever you like best.
- Garlic – For the strongest taste, use fresh garlic cloves, and mince them very finely.
- Herbs and Spices – Parsley, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes help provide a savory flavor and just a hint of spice.
- Lemon Juice – This helps cut through some of the heaviness of the fats, lightening the flavor of the olives.
- Olive Oil – This helps coat the olives, enhancing their flavor and adding even more healthy fats.
How to Make Warm Feta Dip with Marinated Olives
This warm feta dip is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make!
- Create the Dip. Add all of the ingredients for the warm feta dip into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Bake the Dip. Add the feta mixture to a skillet, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Marinate the Olives. Add all of the ingredients for the topping to a jar or bowl. Set aside to marinate while the feta bakes.
- Combine the Ingredients. Spread the marinated olives over the warm feta dip, and enjoy!
This warm feta dip is so good you’ll want to eat it with a spoon. However, if you want to serve it to a crowd, it pairs wonderfully with all your favorite dippers like:
- Pita or Naan
- Carrot and Celery Sticks
- Chicken Wings
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
We don’t recommend making this warm feta dip with marinated olives ahead of time, because the dip will solidify if it sits. However, if you want to prepare in advance, you can combine the ingredients for the olives, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Then, just bake your dip, and assemble the ingredients when you’re ready to eat!
More Crowd-Pleasing Dips
Whether you’re hosting a party or just want an afternoon snack, we’ve got you covered with the best dips and spread for every occasion!
- Slow Cooker Queso
- Creamy Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip with Crispy Chickpeas
- Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes with Yogurt Dip
Warm Feta Dip with Marinated Olives
For the Warm Feta Dip:
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup labne or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup water, or milk, or heavy cream
For the Marinated Olives:
- 1 cup chopped green olives
- 1 cup chopped kalamata
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add all of the ingredients for the warm feta dip to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a 10-inch skillet, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
- While the feta dip is baking, combine all of the ingredients for the olives in a jar or bowl. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Spread the marinated olives over the warm feta dip, and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.