This isn’t just your ordinary salmon cream cheese dip; it’s a sophisticated twist that takes the classic to a whole new level. Picture a luscious, creamy base adorned with savory smoked salmon, fresh veggies, warm seasonings, and zesty herbs – all layered for a stunning and delicious appearance. Whether you’re hosting a gathering and need the perfect appetizer or just craving a light and flavorful snack or lunch, this dip has got you covered.
Table of Contents
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the Cream Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese – Full-fat cream cheese will give the best taste and texture. Make sure to use block-style cream cheese, not varieties from a tub!
- Sour Cream – This helps create a silky smooth texture and adds a satisfying tang. If preferred, full-fat Greek yogurt can be substituted.
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed is best and helps cut through some of the heaviness of the fats, adding a refreshing taste.
- Salt and Black Pepper – Use as little or as much as you like.
For the Toppings
- Smoked Salmon – Use any smoked salmon you like best!
- Olive Oil – This is used as a garnish, adding healthy fats and a bold, slightly peppery taste.
- Za’atar Seasoning – Find Za’atar seasoning online or in the spice section of your local grocery store.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Grape tomatoes will also work.
- Kalamata Olives – We love the briny flavor these add, but feel free to omit them if you’re not a fan of olives.
- Fresh Herbs – Dill and chives add a pop of color and a bright taste.
- Capers – These complement the brininess of the olives, adding an extra layer of tartness we love.
Step-By-Step Guide to Elevate Your Salmon Cream Cheese Dip
- Combine the cream cheese dip. In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the cream cheese dip.
- Spread. Transfer the mixture to a serving platter or shallow bowl, spreading it out evenly.
- Layer. Arrange the smoked salmon on top. Then, add the cucumbers, za’atar seasoning, tomatoes, and olives. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture. Garnish with fresh herbs, and enjoy!
We love to serve this smoked salmon cream cheese dip with pita bread but there are loads of other options. Whether you’re a fan of the crunch of pita crackers, the rustic charm of baguettes, the elegant simplicity of crostini, the hearty satisfaction of pretzels, or the fresh crispiness of veggie sticks – there’s something for everyone!
How Long Does This Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip Last?
Store the cream cheese spread and toppings in separate airtight containers. They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to five to seven days.
To serve, layer the ingredients, and enjoy!
More Delicious Dip Recipes
- Creamy Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- Warm Feta Dip with Marinated Olives
- 7 Layer Greek Dip
- Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes with Yogurt Dip
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip
For the Whipped Cream Cheese Base:
- 8 ounces about 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Toppings:
- 4 ounces smoked salmon thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced, or chopped
- 1 Tablespoon za’atar spice blend
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- Fresh chives chopped, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, fresh lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Whip the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy. Use a hand mixer or mix by hand with a spatula.8 ounces about 1 cup cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Once the cream cheese base is well whipped, transfer it to a serving platter or a shallow dish, spreading it evenly to create a smooth base layer.
- Arrange the smoked salmon slices on top of the whipped cream cheese.4 ounces smoked salmon
- Place the thinly sliced cucumbers on the smoked salmon.1/2 cucumber
- Sprinkle the za’atar spice blend evenly over the cucumbers.1 Tablespoon za’atar spice blend
- Scatter the halved cherry tomatoes and sliced Kalamata olives across the dish. Drizzle with olive oil.1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish with fresh dill sprigs and capers for added flavor.Fresh dill sprigs, 2 Tablespoons capers
- Finish by sprinkling chopped fresh chives over the top for a burst of color and additional freshness.Fresh chives
- Serve immediately with a choice of crackers, baguette slices, or pita chips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.