This 7 Layer Greek Dip boasts layers of creamy hummus and tzatziki, colorful veggies, chickpeas, feta cheese, and warm za’atar seasoning for an explosion of tastes and textures! Pair it with pita chips, crackers, and veggies for dipping.
Table of Contents
What’s In 7 Layer Greek Dip?
Okay, so we use a little more than seven ingredients in this Greek dip, but they’re all simple and create a flavor that is out of this world!
- Hummus – We love to use our healthy chickpea hummus, but any flavor you like best will taste great. To save time, feel free to use a store-bought option instead. We love baba’s hummus. It’s our favorite store bought hummus.
- Tzatziki – You could also use plain Greek yogurt seasoned with garlic, lemon juice, dill, salt, and black pepper.
- Tomatoes – We use grape tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes also work well.
- Cucumbers – We recommend using Persian cucumbers, because they have a thinner skin, but English make a great substitute.
- Kalamata Olives – Black olive will work as well.
- Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) – USe canned chickpeas, and rinse and drain them well.
- Olive Oil – This adds a rich, peppery flavor and helps the seasonings stick.
- Za’atar – This is a popular Middle Eastern spice blend full of savory, herbaceous flavor.
- Feta Cheese – This adds a creamy texture and tangy, salty flavor. Full-fat feta crumbles are best.
- Baby Arugula – Baby spinach will also work. Or, swap it out with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Seven Layers to Yum: The Greek Dip Edition
This Greek layer dip is one of our favorite recipes when feeding a crowd because there’s no cooking required! As a result, it requires minimal prep time and is ready in minutes.
- Prepare. Slice the tomatoes, peel the cucumbers, and rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Layer. Spread the hummus in the bottom of a trifle bowl or on a platter. Then, add the tzatziki followed by the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and chickpeas.
- Season. Drizzle the olive oil on top, and sprinkle the za’atar evenly over the chickpeas.
- Layer again. Sprinkle the feta on top followed by the arugula.
We love to serve our Greek dip with pita bread or pita chips, but you could also use pretzels, tortilla chips, naan, celery sticks, carrot sticks, or bell pepper strips.
Can I Make this Recipe Ahead of Time?
We don’t recommend layering all the ingredients in advance as they can become watery and soggy. However, you can chop the veggies and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for one to two days before assembling.
How Long Does Greek Layer Dip Last in the Fridge?
This 7 layer Greek dip is best served right away while everything is still fresh! However, if you have leftovers, they can be covered with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and stored in the fridge for one to two days.
More Dip Recipes to Try
- Marinated Chickpeas with Whipped Feta
- Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip with Crispy Chickpeas
- Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes with Yogurt Dip
- White Bean Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
7 Layer Greek Dip
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 ½ cups Persian cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups hummus
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- Olive oil to taste
- Za’atar to taste
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Prepare the ingredients: slice the grape tomatoes, peel and dice the Persian cucumbers, and rinse and drain the chickpeas.2 cups grape tomatoes, 1 ½ cups Persian cucumbers, 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Spread the hummus in the bottom of a bowl or over a platter.2 cups hummus
- Spread the tzatziki on top followed by the tomatoes and cucumbers.2 cups grape tomatoes, 1 cup tzatziki sauce, 1 ½ cups Persian cucumbers
- Scatter the olives over the veggies. Then, add the chickpeas.1 cup Kalamata olives, 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Drizzle the oil on top, and sprinkle the za’atar over the ingredients.Olive oil to taste, Za’atar to taste
- Sprinkle the feta over top, and add a layer of arugula for garnish.½ cup feta cheese crumbles, 2 cups baby arugula
- Serve immediately with pita chips, pita bread, or veggie sticks for dipping!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.