This Savory Whipped Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes Bowl is the perfect healthy, high-protein recipe. Made with creamy cottage cheese and feta, olive oil, marinated tomatoes, and fresh herbs, it’s bursting with flavor! Serve it on its own for a filling vegetarian meal or as a side dish or appetizer with pita chips or crostini for dipping.
Cottage cheese has been super popular on social media lately, and we aren’t complaining! Creamy and full of protein, it’s a super versatile ingredient that can be used in a wide variety of meals. So, we’re happy to jump on board with the trend with recipes like Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes, our Egg Salad With Cottage, and this easy Whipped Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes Bowl!
More than your average cottage cheese bowl, It’s sweet, creamy, savory, and loaded with nutrients. Plus, it’s super quick to make for a satisfying dish you can feel good about. One bite and even the cottage cheese haters will be hooked!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes Bowl
- It comes together with just 8 simple, budget-friendly ingredients.
- You can prepare it in minutes, and it makes enough to feed a crowd.
- Naturally vegetarian, nut-free, and gluten-free, it suits a variety of dietary needs.
- Full of vitamins, nutrients, fiber, protein, and healthy fats, it’s unbelievably filling.
Is This Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl Good for You?
Yes! Cottage cheese is a super nutritious food, providing high-quality protein and probiotics, making it a nutritious food. Then, we pair it with vitamin-rich tomatoes and healthy fats thanks to the olive oil for a super healthy meal. It’s loaded with vitamin C, vitamin B12, calcium, phosphorous, omega fats, and more! All in all, this whipped cottage cheese and tomatoes recipe is one you can feel good about.
Ingredients You Need
As mentioned, just 8 ingredients combine to create this gourmet-looking recipe.
- Cottage Cheese – You can’t have a cottage cheese bowl without cottage cheese! We recommend using full-fat varieties for the best flavor and creamiest texture. We like the Good Culture brand, but whatever you hand on hand can be used.
- Feta Cheese – This combines with the cottage cheese for a slightly tangy flavor and extra creamy texture. Again, we suggest using full-fat varieties.
- Olive Oil – This helps combine the cottage chee mixture, making sure it’s smooth. In addition, it is used to marinate the tomatoes, infusing them with rich flavor and healthy fats.
- Tomatoes – Baby or grape tomatoes work best because they have a naturally sweet flavor and can be quartered without becoming too watery or falling apart.
- Herbs and Spices – Chopped parsley, basil, salt, and pepper combine to create a savory, Italian-inspired flavor that balances out the heaviness of the fats.
How to Prepare and Easy Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes Bowl
Although it may look fancy, this cottage cheese bowl is quick and easy to make. Here’s what to do:
- Create the Base. Add the cottage cheese, feta, and olive oil to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well-combined and smooth.
- Marinate the Tomatoes. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Set the mixture aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve. Spread the whipped cottage cheese evenly in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Spoon the marinated tomatoes on top, and enjoy!
As you’ve probably already guessed, there are endless ways to make savory cottage cheese bowls. We love the simplicity of using just tomatoes. However, you can easily add a variety of ingredients for extra color, nutrients, fiber, protein, and texture! For example, some of our favorite additions include :
- Bell peppers
- Hardboiled eggs
- Chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Extra herbs and spices
- A dash of hot sauce
Feel free to enjoy this whipped cottage cheese and tomatoes recipe with nothing but a spoon. However, we love to serve it as a dip with pairings like pita chips, pita bread, crostini, or veggie sticks.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahed of Time?
Yes! This Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes Bowl makes for a great
More Tomato-Topped Dip Recipes
If you enjoyed this Savory Whipped Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes Bowl, you won’t want to miss out on more of our favorite dips such as:
- Creamy Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes with Yogurt Dip
- White Bean Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
- Whipped Feta with Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Savory Whipped Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes Bowl Recipe
For the Whipped Cottage Cheese:
- 16 ounces cottage cheese ((We used Good Culture))
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
For the Marinated Tomatoes:
- 2 cups baby tomatoes (quartered)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: pita chips and crostini for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cottage cheese, feta cheese, and olive oil.
- Pulse until smooth, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the baby tomatoes, parsley, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Gently mix to combine, and set the bowl aside for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the blended cottage cheese into a low bowl or on a plate. Top with the marinated tomatoes.
- Serve with pita chips or crostini, if desired.
- Store the cottage cheese mixture and tomatoes in separate containers in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Looking forward to making this. How many ounces is in “a container” of cottage cheese?
We just updated the recipe to show 16 ounces!