This Homemade Sheet Pan Pizza recipe is an easy way to make your favorite takeout dinner in a matter of minutes at home! Load it up with all your favorite toppings, or keep it simple with a sprinkle of cheese.
Table of Contents
What Is Sheet Pan Pizza?
A sheet pan pizza is exactly what is sounds like – a homemade pizza that is baked on a sheet pan. However, unlike many homemade pan pizza recipes, our version uses bread in place of dough to make the whole process ridiculously easy.
All you have to do is choose your favorite toppings, layer them over pre-made bread, and pop them in the oven. With minimal prep time and a total time of just a few minutes, it’s a delicious, kid-friendly recipe you’ll make on repeat!
What Do You Need to Make a Sheet Pan Pizza?
Here’s what we use, but feel free to get creative as no two recipes are the same!
- Bread – Use large, thick pieces of crusty bread. Or, if you want a more traditional recipe, opt for a pre-made pizza crust instead.
- Marinara Sauce – Any store-bought or homemade marinara sauce or pizza sauce will work.
- Veggies – We include sliced mushrooms, diced green bell pepper, and diced white onion for flavor, nutrients, and crunch.
- Cheese – We use a combination of shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese for the most authentic pizza taste. However, any cheese you like best will taste great.
- Olive Oil – Use this to coat the bread, adding flavor and making it nice and crisp.
- Herbs and Spices – Top your pieces with salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and/or fresh basil for a bold, savory taste.
Top, Bake, and Eat – No Kneading Required with this Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe!
With no kneading required to make the dough, this is the easiest pizza recipe you’ll ever make!
- Prepare. Preheat your oven, and place a sheet pan or baking sheet in to warm up as well.
- Create a well. Use a spoon or your fingers to make an indentation in the center of each piece of bread to hold the toppings.
- Form the base. Brush olive oil over the bread, and spread the marinara sauce on top. Make sure to leave a ring of bread around the edges for the “crust”!
- Layer. Sprinkle your toppings evenly on top, ending with the cheese.
- Bake. Arrange the bread pieces on the warm pan, and place it back in the oven just until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges of the bread are golden and crisp.
- Season. Add the remaining herbs and spices. Then, use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to slice the pizza, and enjoy warm.
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
- Chop and dice the veggies up to three days in advance, and store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Once baked, transfer leftover pizza slices to an airtight container, and store them in the fridge for one to two days.
- To reheat, place leftovers in the oven just until they’re warm and the edges of the bread are crisp. Be careful not to let it burn!
Can I Add Different Toppings?
Yes, definitely! Feel free to mix and match all your favorite pizza toppings to make this sheet pan pizza recipe your own. For example, some great additions and variations include:
- Chopped Olives
- Diced Pineapple
- Shredded Chicken
More Pizza-Inspired Recipes
- Feta Gyro Pizza Recipe
- One Pot Pizza Pasta
- Pizza Dip with Cheese Crostini
- Sheet Pan Veggie Pizza Recipe
Easy Sheet Pan Pizza
- 6-8 slices bread sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow or white onion diced
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes dried oregano, or fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Place a sheet pan or baking sheet in the oven to preheat as well.
- Take each slice of bread, and use the back of a spoon or fingers to make an indentation in the center of each slice, creating a well for the toppings.6-8 slices bread
- Brush the tops of the bread slices with a little olive oil.Olive oil
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over each slice of bread, making sure to stay within the indentation and leaving a small border around the edges for the crust.1 cup marinara sauce
- Distribute the sliced mushrooms, diced green pepper, and diced onion evenly over the sauce-filled indentations.1 cup sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup green bell pepper, 1/2 cup yellow or white onion
- Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the vegetables and sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, Salt to taste, Black pepper to taste
- Place the sheet pan back in the preheated oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the edges of the bread are crispy and golden.
- Once the pizza is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a minute or two.
- If desired, sprinkle some red pepper flakes, dried oregano, or fresh basil leaves on top for added flavor and garnish.Optional: red pepper flakes
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to slice the sheet pan pizza into 6-8 pieces.
- Serve the delicious sheet pan pizza slices hot, and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.