Cinnamon Crunch Bagel French Toast Casserole combines two of your favorite breakfast options into one unforgettable recipe! Prepare it ahead of time for a breakfast or brunch no one can resist.
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love This Bagel French Toast Casserole
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Optional Mix-Ins
- How to Make Cinnamon Crunch Bagel French Toast Casserole
- Bagel French Toast Casserole Common Questions
- More French Toast Recipes You’ll Love
- Cinnamon Crunch Bagel French Toast Casserole Recipe
Why You’ll Love This Bagel French Toast Casserole
If like us, you’re indecisive about what to make for breakfast or brunch, this bagel french toast casserole is just what you need! Combining the best of both worlds, it’s sweet, fluffy, and so easy to make, but those are just a couple of reasons why we love this recipe. It also:
- Comes together with budget-friendly staple ingredients.
- Bakes in 40 minutes or less.
- Feeds a crowd.
- Pairs well with all your favorite recipes like scrambled eggs or shakshuka!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this recipe, we broke the ingredients down into two categories. The first is for the base of the casserole. The second is for the sweet crumb topping. Here’s everything you’ll need:
For the Bagel French Toast Casserole
- Bagels – As the name suggests, we use cinnamon crunch bagels for a sweet and savory taste that’s absolutely to die for.
- Cream Cheese – Plain, full-fat cream cheese is sandwiched between the bagels for the rich flavor and creamy texture you expect from a bagel.
- Eggs – These are crucial to any french toast recipe, locking in moisture and creating a crisp exterior.
- Milk – For the best results, we recommend using whole milk. However, any milk you have on hand will do.
For the Crumb Topping
- Cinnamon – Used to enhance the flavor of the bagels.
- Butter – Helps form a crumbly topping, adding rich flavor and a decadent texture.
- Sugar – A combination of brown and granulated sugars helps sweeten the dish without drying out the bagel french toast casserole.
- Salt – Just a pinch is used to enhance the rest of the ingredients.
- Flour – Regular, all-purpose flour adds structure to the crumble, holding the ingredients together.
Thanks to the cinnamon crunch bagels, this casserole is unbelievably delicious all on its own. However, if you want to add even more flavor feel free to include extra ingredients like:
- Chopped Nuts
- Fresh Berries
- Banana Coins
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Cinnamon Crunch Bagel French Toast Casserole
This casserole is guaranteed to become your new favorite breakfast treat because it’s so easy to make!
- Prepare the Bagels. Slice each bagel down the center, and spread the cream cheese on one half, creating a sandwich. Once combined, slice each bagel into 4 separate pieces. Arrange the pieces in a single layer at the bottom of a buttered baking dish.
- Combine the Egg Mixture. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bagels, cover the baking dish, and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Create the Crumb Topping. When you’re ready to bake, combine the ingredients for the crumb mixture in a large bowl. Sprinkle them over the bagels.
- Bake. Place the dish in the oven until it is golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Bagel French Toast Casserole Common Questions
Yes! Prepare the ingredients up until the crumble. Then, cover the baking dish, and leave it in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. When you’re ready to eat, follow the instructions as normal.
Absolutely. Transfer any leftovers to a freezer-safe, airtight container, and keep them frozen for up to 3 months.
Sure! We love the sweet flavor of cinnamon crunch bagels, but any bagels you like best can be used. Feel free to experiment with different flavor combinations to fit your preferences!
Yes, to make this recipe gluten-free, use your favorite gluten-free bagels, and swap out the flour with a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour alternative.
More French Toast Recipes You’ll Love
Obsessed with French toast like we are? Don’t miss out on these sweet recipes!
- Cannoli Baked French Toast
- Bananas Foster French Toast
- Nutella Stuffed Croissant French Toast
- Churro French Toast
Cinnamon Crunch Bagel French Toast Casserole
For the French Toast Casserole:
- 6 large plain or cinnamon swirl bagels preferably stale or day old, sliced in half
- 6-8 ounces plain cream cheese room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter a 12×8 baking dish, and set aside.
- Slice the bagels in half, and spread 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese on half of the slices. Sandwich them together, and cut the bagels into 4 equal-sized pieces.
- Arrange the bagel pieces in a single layer at the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bagels. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the cinnamon, butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and flour until it resembles coarse crumbs. Evenly spread the mixture over the bagels.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown, and serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.