Indulge in a better-for-you treat with this Chocolate Dipped Celery and Peanut Butter recipe. Made with simple ingredients, it’s sweet, crunchy, and full of fiber and nutrients to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you full.
Celery Like You’ve Never Had It Before
This chocolate dipped celery and peanut butter recipe is a fun take on the classic childhood snack known as ants on a log! Loved by both kids and adults, this recipe has so much to love.
For instance, it:
- Is made with just six ingredients.
- Comes together in minutes.
- Can easily be customized with different ingredients and flavors.
- Packs in secret nutrients while tasting like candy.
How to Turn Vegetables Into Dessert with Celery and Peanut Butter
We know you’re probably thinking celery and peanut butter sounds like a crazy combination, but don’t knock it ‘till you try it! This celery with peanut butter is surprisingly delicious and is so quick to make, it’s a no-brainer when it comes to creating a better-for-you snack or dessert.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Celery – Use large stalks, and cut them down. Or, pre-cut, washed options to save time.
- Peanut Butter – We recommend using smooth, creamy peanut butter. Chunky varieties will have difficulty clinging to the celery.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet chocolate chips are melted down to form the chocolate coating.
- Coconut Oil – This helps thin out the chocolate, making it spreadable and easy to coat the celery sticks.
- Peanuts – Technically optional, these add a satisfying crunch along with extra nutty flavor and a boost of fats and fiber.
- Sea Salt Flakes – Sprinkled on top, this helps enhance the rest of the ingredients, accentuating the sweet and salty taste.
How to make Chocolate Dipped Celery and Peanut Butter
- Prepare the Celery. To begin, wash and dry the celery stalks completely. Then, slice them into easy-to-handle sticks.
- Fill. Smooth the peanut butter inside the groove of each celery stick, spreading it out evenly.
- Top. Sprinkle the peanuts on top of the peanut butter, pressing them down gently to make sure they stick.
- Create the Chocolate Coating. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil until they’re melted and combined, stirring frequently. Be careful not to overheat and burn the chocolate!
- Dip. Dunk each celery stick into the melted chocolate, rolling them around to coat both sides like you would a pretzel rod.
- Chill. Place each celery stick on a sheet of
parchment paper, and sprinkle extra peanuts and sea salt on top. Then, place the celery in the fridge to chill until the chocolate has hardened and set.
One of the great things about celery is that it’s incredibly mild in flavor. That means that it can easily be paired with a variety of ingredients and takes on their taste.
As a result, this celery with peanut butter recipe is super customizable. Feel free to experiment with different flavors and toppings! For instance, some of our favorite variations include:
- Using a Different Filling. Swap out the peanut butter with any other nut or seed butter you prefer. For instance, almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, and tahini would all taste great. We’ve even seen yogurt used, too.
- Adding Extra Toppings. We enjoy the crunch peanuts provide, but any number of fillings would work. For instance, try adding to or replacing the peanuts with options like raisins, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, honey, or even chocolate chips.
- Swapping Out the Chocolate. Instead of using semi-sweet chocolate, opt for dark chocolate or even white chocolate. Or, omit the chocolate chips altogether, and melt your favorite chocolate bar!
How to Store
These chocolate dipped celery and peanut butter logs are great snacks to make in advance and keep on hand. Once the chocolate has set, the logs can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to one to two weeks.
More Better-For-You Treats
Looking for more ways to indulge with zero guilt? Try out the healthier snacks below!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Yogurt Clusters
- Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Chocolate Covered Dates with Peanut Butter
- Heart-Shaped Stuffed Medjool Dates
Chocolate Dipped Celery and Peanut Butter Logs Recipe
- 6 Celery stalks (sliced into 4-5 inch sticks)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional: peanuts and sea salt flakes for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Wash and dry the celery stalks. Using a sharp knife, slice off the ends and any leaves. Cut each stalk into sticks roughly four to five inches long.
- Spread a generous amount of peanut butter along the inner groove or cavity of the celery. Using the back of a spoon or a butter knife, smooth the peanut butter out evenly.
- Sprinkle the peanuts or any desired toppings on top of the peanut butter, pressing them down gently to ensure they stick.
- Heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring in between each interval. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate, as it can easily burn!
- Dip each celery stick into the melted chocolate, coating both sides.
- Arrange them on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and sprinkle crushed peanuts and sea salt on top.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate is firm, and enjoy!
- Store the chocolate dipped celery and peanut butter logs in an airtight container in the fridge for one to two weeks.