A cross between pancakes and crepes, this high-protein healthy pumpkin pancakes recipe is made with just 5 ingredients and tons of flavor. It’s gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, and loaded with healthy fats to keep you full. Combine the batter in a blender for a quick breakfast perfect for fall!
Why We Love These Pumpkin Pancakes
In our homes, our kids look forward to enjoying pancakes every weekend! They’re such a fun way to get the whole family gathered around the table and couldn’t be easier to make. Plus, there are endless variations! Yet, with back-to-school season in full swing and fall right around the corner, we can’t resist adding a little pumpkin to all our favorite recipes. However, these Pumpkin Pancakes might be our favorite variation yet! They’re:
- Made with just 5 ingredients.
- Whipped up in a blender.
- High in protein and full of healthy fats.
- Bursting with warm cinnamon flavors.
- Great to make in bulk and enjoy all week.
Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes Ingredients You’ll Need
Made from scratch, this Pumpkin Pancakes recipe is even easier than any boxed variations you’ll find at the store. Plus, it’s free from refined sugars and added chemicals for a breakfast you can feel good about serving! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pumpkin Puree – If you’re feeling ambitious, you can create your own pumpkin puree from a whole pumpkin. However, to keep this recipe simple, we just buy the pre-made stuff from the store. Just make sure it’s plain pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Egg Whites – The secret to creating high-protein pumpkin pancakes, egg whites are virtually tasteless. However, if you prefer, you can swap them out for 2 whole eggs. Or, use 1/4 cup of egg whites with one whole egg for the best of both worlds.
- Rolled Oats – If you have it on hand, you can swap out the oats for oat flour. However, whatever you use, make sure it’s guaranteed gluten-free if you suffer from an intolerance or allergy.
- Cottage Cheese – This helps add extra protein, fluffy, and a richer texture we love.
- Cinnamon – One of our favorite spices, cinnamon provides a warm taste that replicates pumpkin spice.
- Vanilla – An underrated ingredient, vanilla extract helps bring out the natural flavors in the rest of the batter.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
If you’ve never made pancakes in a blender before, prepare to be amazed! It makes the prep-work a breese and minimizes cleanup, too!
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, and add a bit of butter or cooking spray.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of the batter onto the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat until all of the Pumpkin Pancakes batter has been used.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Optional Add-Ins and Toppings
These healthy Pumpkin Pancakes are super tasty as they are, but we can’t resist adding a little extra umph from time to time with extra mix-ins and toppings! For instance, try adding pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg to the batter for even more fall flavor. Or, fold in chocolate chips, berries, or chopped nuts.
Then, take your Pumpkin Pancakes to the next level with fun toppings such as:
- Fresh Berries or Bananas
- Whipped Cream
- Toasted Pecans
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut Butter
- A Drizzle of Dark Chocolate
Storage and Reheating
This Pumpkin Pancakes recipe is so simple to make that it’s a no-brainer to double the recipe to enjoy throughout the week! Leftovers can be kept fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Or, store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Then, when you’re ready to eat, reheat the thawed pancakes in the microwave, toaster, skillet, or oven!
More Family-Friendly Pancake Recipes You’ll Love
Looking for more tasty breakfast recipes? Try out some more of our best pancakes!
- Part breakfast and part dessert, this Oreo Dutch Baby Pancake is loaded with chocolate Oreos and warm maple syrup in every bite
- Serve your favorite dessert as an irresistible breakfast recipe with this Baklava Skillet Pancake!
- Super easy and made with no refined grains, this Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes Recipe is a breakfast you can feel good about eating.
The Best High-Protein Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Spray a griddle or frying pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan. Cook until small bubbles appear, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes or unitl golden brown.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and pecans!