Do you want a quick 20-minute dinner? You’ve found the perfect recipe! This pasta is so simple to make and delicious. The sauce is has ricotta cheese and a touch of heavy cream. We use a pretty spinach leaf pasta, that you can find here. The fresh arugula and lemon zest brighten everything up, and crushed red pepper to give it a little heat.
As you guys know, we love finding unique and fun ingredients to use in our recipes. We recently discovered TerraMar Imports , and loved so many products. This recipe uses a Spinach Leaf Pasta. a bright Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and the Parmigiano Reggiano If you sign up for TerraMar Imports, mailing list you will get 10% off your first purchase.
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- 1 lb Spinach and Olive Leaf Pasta
- 2 tbsp Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 cup freshy grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups arugala
- chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups reserved pasta water
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Make sure to cook al-dente, and reserve 2 cups pasta water.
- In a sauce pan over medium-high heat add olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cook just until garlic is fragrant.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Add heavy cream and ricotta. Stir until the ricotta has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add cooked pasta, salt, pepper, grated parmesan cheese, and lemon zest. Stir until everything is combined.
- Gradually add pasta water until the pasta gets nice and creamy and to your desired consistency.
- Stir in arugala.
- Garnish with extra parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and lemon zest.
Recipe additions: If you’d like to add a protein, cooked chicken, or shrimp will make a great addition.
Don’t forget to reserve some pasta water! If you forget, don’t panic. Add a splash of vegetable broth, or milk to help loosen it up.
Note: We do not give an exact measurement for the salt and pepper. We always say to add a little and add more if you need to.