This 3-Ingredient Coconut Chia Pudding can be prepared in minutes for a nutritious and delicious breakfast recipe you’ll find yourself making on repeat! Serve it with all your favorite toppings for an easy meal you’ll look forward to waking up to.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Coconut Chia Pudding
We don’t know about you, but our mornings are hectic. So, we’re always looking for easy meals we can prepare in advance to keep us fueled throughout the day. This coconut chia pudding is our latest obsession, and we know you’re going to love it, too! Here are just a few reasons why:
- 3 healthy ingredients are all you need.
- It’s made in just a couple of minutes and requires no cooking.
- You can make a big batch to enjoy throughout the week.
- It’s easy to mix and match your favorite toppings so you never get bored.
- This coconut chia pudding is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan to fit a variety of needs.
Origins of Chia Seeds
Although chia pudding is a trendy recipe today, chia seeds have been used for centuries. In fact, their origins are believed to be traced back to Central America and were used by the Aztecs as far back as 3500 BC and have continuously grown in popularity throughout the years largely due to their health benefits.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Considered to be a superfood, chia seeds have tons of health benefits and are high in fiber, healthy omega fats, plant-based protein, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. As a result, they can help:
- Improve Digestion
- Improve Cholesterol Levels
- Manage Blood Sugar
- Reduce Inflammation
3 Simple Ingredients You’ll Need
Believe it or not, you only need 3 ingredients to create this coconut chia pudding!
- Chia Seeds – White or black chia seeds both work great to form the base of this recipe and act as the “gel” that holds it all together.
- Coconut Milk – Unsweetened canned coconut milk works best. If preferred, you could use any other non-dairy milk you have on hand.
- Sweetener – Any sweetener you like best including maple syrup, honey, Stevia, or granulated sugar works great.
We like to use blueberries, raspberries, and coconut flakes, but any toppings you have on hand can be used. Some of our favorite variations include:
- Sliced Bananas
- Dried Fruit
- Nuts and Seeds
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chia Pudding with Coconut Milk
This coconut chia pudding is so easy to make it can hardly be called a recipe, but here’s how it’s done:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large jar or airtight container.
- Stir to combine.
- Then, cover and refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours or until it has thickened and become pudding-like.
Make Ahead Options
Chia seed pudding with coconut milk is great to make ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week. Once combined, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. For the best results, we recommend leaving off the toppings until just before serving so they don’t become soggy.
Or, you can transfer them to individual containers and keep them frozen for up to 2 months. Then, let individual portions thaw in the fridge overnight when you’re ready to eat.
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes to make ahead of time? We’ve got you covered with the options below!
- Date & Apricot Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
- Protein Packed Egg Muffin Sandwiches
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cups
Coconut Chia Pudding (3-Ingredient Recipe)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup canned (light) coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener of choice
- Optional: Blueberries raspberries, and coconut flakes for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl or sealable container, and stir to combine.
- Cover, refrigerate 2 hours or until thick, and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.