Find the best food storage containers to keep all your foods fresh and tasting great for days. Whether you’re looking for
Table of Contents
What to Look for In Food Storage Containers
When it comes to food storage containers, there are tons of options on the market. However, they’re not all created equal. To choose the best of the best, there are a few specifics we look for.
- Material: Glass and plastic are the two most common materials in food storage containers. While both have pros and cons we’ve recently made an effort to swap out as much of our plastic with glass. Not only is it more durable and safe to use in the oven, but it’s also free from BPAs and other harmful chemicals commonly found in plastics.
- Shape: We prefer to have a wide variety of shapes and sizes in our storage container cupboard. However, prefer containers with smooth straight edges that can easily be stacked to help save space and reduce clutter.
- Lids: A food storage container is only as good as its lid! We try to find lids that clasp or seal on instead of those that just lock in place as they’re more likely to spill and break.
- Leakproof: No matter what, our containers have to be leakproof! This is non-negotiable for us.
- Dishwasher-Safe: Not quite a dealbreaker, having containers that are dishwasher safe is a major perk and makes life a lot easier when you don’t have to waste hours washing dishes in the sink.
The Best Food Storage Containers for All Your Needs
Whether you’re looking to completely overhaul your food storage container collection or just need a few extra pieces, we’ve rounded up the best of the best to help you find exactly what you need!
Now that you’ve found the best food storage containers, the next step is keeping them organized. If you’re anything like us, your containers end up all over the place and go missing. But not anymore, thanks to the tips below!
Pick a Spot. If you can, try to pick one cupboard or cabinet to store all your containers. That way you don’t have to go searching all over your kitchen for just the right container.
Use Organizers. Use organizers like the one above to keep your pots, pans, and containers stacked neatly and organized.
Stack. Stack as much as you can on top of each other, grouping similar containers together and reducing the amount of space they take up.
Do you have extra tips or storage containers we need to try? Let us know in the comments below!