Phyllo Cup Cannoli Bites are flaky, bite-sized phyllo cups stuffed with sweet, fluffy cannoli dip filling for an irresistible dessert perfect for parties, holidays, and afternoon treats!
Why You’ll Love These Phyllo Cup Cannoli Bites
- Phyllo cups are pre-made and bake in minutes.
- One batch makes 20-24 cannoli bites, meaning it’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
- They feature all the taste and texture of traditional cannolis with half the work.
- These treats are budget-friendly and fun to make!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Cannoli bites feature complex flavors using simple ingredients. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Mascarpone Cheese – We highly recommend using mascarpone as it creates a more authentic flavor, but cream cheese would work as well.
- Ricotta Cheese – For the richest taste, we suggest opting for whole milk ricotta, and be sure to drain off any excess liquid!
- Powdered Sugar – This melts into the cannoli mixture, creating a smooth texture and sweet taste.
- Whipped Topping – Used to add extra volume to the filling, making it super fluffy and creamy.
- Chocolate Chips – We prefer to use mini chocolate chips to guarantee there’s a hint of chocolate in every bite, but regular sizes would work, too.
- Phyllo Cups – Find these in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store.
- Pistachios – These add irresistible crunch!
How to Make the Best Cannoli Bites
These look fancy, but they’re unbelievably easy to make when you follow the steps below!
- Prepare Phyllo. Bake your phyllo cups according to the package instructions.
- Make the Filling. Combine the mascarpone, ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl, and use a hand or stand mixer to beat until it is just combined. Add the whipped topping, and beat again just until it is combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips, and refrigerate the mixture.
- Fill the Cups. Spoon each phyllo cup with the cannoli dip mixture. Then, sprinkle the pistachios on top, and enjoy!
Feel free to experiment with these cannoli bites using different flavors and ingredients to make them your own! For instance, some of our favorite variations include:
- Adding unsweetened cocoa powder to the cannoli filling.
- Using dark chocolate or white chocolate chips.
- Dipping the phyllo cups in chocolate.
- Dunking the phyllo cups in chocolate and adding sprinkles to the rim.
Cannoli Bites Common Questions
Be sure to transfer the baked phyllo cups to a wire rack to cool completely before stuffing them with the cannoli filling, and enjoy them as soon as possible.
Like traditional cannolis, these bites are sweet with a slightly tangy flavor and rich, flaky crust.
These bites are best enjoyed right away. However, if you want to prepare them ahead of time, prepare the phyllo cups and filling separately. The cups will keep at room temperature for 1-2 days, and the filling can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
More Crowd-Pleasing Dessert Recipes
Looking for tasty treats? Try out some of our favorites below!
- Baklava Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Atayef with Whipped Cream and Pistachios
- Zeppole Recipe (Easy Italian Donuts)
Phyllo Cup Cannoli Bites Recipe
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 7 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces whipped topping (softened in refrigerator)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 20-24 phyllo cups
- 1/2 cup pistachios (chopped)
- Bake phyllo cups according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the mascarpone, ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat until smooth.
- Add the whipped topping, and beat again until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until chilled and set.
- Fill the phyllo cups with the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle pistachios on top, and enjoy!