Are you one of those people that pick off the crumble topping from a fruit crisp? Well we just made something that we consider GENIUS! This recipe is JUST the crumble topping that is baked until it is nice and golden brown. Top with salted caramel and a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
While we love a good fruit crisp, we always end up picking off more of the topping and having more of the fruit at the very end! This recipe is only 4-ingredients and will be a new family favorite!
Cinnamon – optional
pinch of salt
How to make crumb topping
Crumble. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and salt. Cut with a fork or pastry cutter.
Skillet. Add the crumble in a 10-12 inch skillet or a 11×7 baking dish.
Bake. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve salted caramel, sea salt flakes, and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Different ways to use a crumb topping
Crumble topping is great on fruit crisps, muffins, pies, bars, and cakes, so many options! It’s great to have a go-to recipe like this one!
How to make ahead
Make this recipe and place it in an air tight container until you are ready to serve. With your fingers, gently break it apart and arrange it in a skillet or baking dish.
This keeps in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to freeze
Put the crumble in freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight until you are ready to use.
Easy Crumble Topping Recipe (A recipe for JUST Crumble)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- sea salt flakes, vanilla bean ice cream, salted caramel, optional toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon (if using), butter and salt. Cut with a fork or pastry cutter.
- Add the crumble in a 10-12 inch skillet or a 11x7 baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve salted caramel, sea salt flakes, and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.