Blender banana bread features basic banana bread ingredients but is made in a blender with a fraction of the work! With minimal prep time, it comes out tender, moist, and full of sweet flavor every time!
Table of Contents
What Is Blender Banana Bread?
Blender banana bread is simply banana bread made in a blender. Instead of dirtying up several bowls, you combine everything in a blender, and pulse!
It’s ready in minutes and a snap to clean up. You get all the sweet flavor and tender texture you love and can be in and out of the kitchen in minutes.
Go ahead and make several batches to keep on hand, and feel free to get creative with your favorite mix-ins! This recipe is truly a gamechanger when a craving hits and is so easy you’ll likely never go back to mixing by hand again.
Basic Ingredients, Bold Flavor
Below is an overview of the ingredients and instructions for this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card below for the complete details and nutrition information!
- Bananas – Make sure to use very ripe bananas! This will make them easier to mash and create a stronger, sweeter flavor. If you need to ripen your bananas quickly, try these ripening methods.
- Butter – We recommend using unsalted butter.
- Granulated Sugar – This helps enhance the natural sweetness of the bananas. Feel free to adjust to taste, depending on how sweet you like your bread.
- Eggs – We haven’t tested this recipe with egg substitutes but don’t think they’ll work well. Your bread will likely become too dense!
- Sour Cream – This keeps the bread extra moist and adds a delicious rich, tangy taste.
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour forms the base of the batter. If needed, feel free to use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour instead.
Upgrade Your Banana Bread Game with these Simple Steps
- Combine the wet ingredients. Add the butter, eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla extract, and sugar to the bowl of a blender. Pulse until a smooth consistency forms.
- Add the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the blender, and pulse again just until smooth. Be careful not to overblend!
- Bake. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, and bake in a preheated oven.
- Cover. Loosely tent the bread with aluminum foil, and continue to bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Cool. Allow the blender banana bread to cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
We typically keep this quick blender banana bread plain, letting the sweet, fruity flavor of the bananas shine through. That doesn’t mean you can’t add mix-ins, though!
Some of our favorite options include:
- Chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans
- Chocolate chips
- Banana chunks
How to Store
Store leftover banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for two to three days. Or, transfer it to the fridge for up to one week.
Freeze your banana bread for two two three months. To do so, slice the loaf into pieces, and transfer them to a sealable bag or airtight container. Place a sheet of
To serve, thaw frozen bread in the refrigerator overnight. Then, enjoy cold, or heat it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up!
Common Questions About This Blender Banana Bread Recipe
If your banana bread turns out dry, it’s likely because too much flour was used. For the most accurate results, we recommend using a food scale. However, if that’s not an option, the spoon and level method is your next best bet!
The most common reason for dense banana bread is overmixing the batter. Be careful to pulse the blender just enough times for the ingredients to combine!
Incorporating too much sugar can cause the bread to become a bit dry and create a very dark brown color.
We haven’t tested it, but it should work! Just combine the ingredients, and transfer them to a muffin tin. Fill each cup about ⅔ of the way full, and adjust the baking time as needed.
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Easy Pecan Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Blender Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 medium bananas very ripe, roughly cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a blender in this order combine melted butter, eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla extract, and sugar. Pulse the mixture until just blended, about 4 pulses.1/2 cup unsalted butter, 2 large eggs, 2 medium bananas, 1/3 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 cup granulated sugar
- Add all the dry ingredients to the blender. Pulse an additional 4-5 times or until the mixture is just combined. Be careful not to overblend, as it can result in a dry and dense banana bread.1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease a 9×5 loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Then, loosely cover the bread with foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.