The BEST Slow Cooker Chili
This slow cooker chili is delicious, smokey and so comforting!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 16 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 16 oz red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small diced green pepper
- 1 medium decided yellow onion
- 3 chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth or stock
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 tsp black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- green onions (sour cream, and cheese for garnish)
In a large pot on medium high heat add the ground beef. Cook and drain the fat. Add chopped yellow onion, green pepper, garlic, and chipotle peppers. Reduce to medium and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Add the cooked beef to the slow cooker, crushed tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, broth, and spices.
Cover and set the slow cooker on high for 2 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Serve with sour cream, cheese, and green onions.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 765mg | Potassium: 1297mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1128IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 8mg