Easy Oat Crumble Topping Recipe
Skip the fruit crisp and opt for the crumble topping instead! Serve it with a scoop of ice cream or sprinkled over your favoite desserts!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- sea salt flakes (vanilla bean ice cream, salted caramel, optional toppings)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon (if using), butter and salt. Cut with a fork or pastry cutter.
Add the crumble in a 10-12 inch skillet or a 11x7 baking dish.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve salted caramel, sea salt flakes, and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.