It’s always hard to find good meatless options during the Lent season, but Walmart has you and your family covered this Lent season! Say goodbye to fish meals every week, Walmart has delicious plant-based protein options that are sure to be a hit with your family.
Today we are going to share a recipe that you’ll be able to whip up in no time! We are sharing our easy recipe for Vegan Mac Burgers using Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Burgers. We also love making sauces to top on our burgers, so we’re going to share our “secret” sauce (spoiler alert, you probably already have everything you need in your home!)
The Gardein Plant-Based patties are so delicious, you won’t even notice it’s not a beef patty! Each patty is Non-GMO project verified, vegan, contains no soy or dairy ingredients, and provides 19 grams of protein per serving! We love that you can cook these patties like any other type of meat patty, whether you prefer to use the stovetop, or a grill, the Gardein patties are sure to give you the full burger experience without the beef. We found our patties at Walmart, each box contains six quarter-pound patties so you’ll be able to feed the whole family!
Now, I’m sure you’re wondering about that secret sauce I mentioned earlier, you are going to be so surprised at how simple it is! All you need is Hunt’s Classic Tomato Ketchup, Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard, and mayonnaise (use your favorite vegan mayo)! See I told you it was easy! Keep reading to see the exact measurements you’ll need to mix it all together.
No burger is complete without pickles, so don’t forget to grab Vlasic Pickles when you head to the store!
You can find all these ingredients and more Lent-friendly options at your local Walmart! If you’d like an even easier solution, click HERE to addall the ingredients we used today directly to your next Online Pickup and Delivery order, and save a trip inside the store.
- 4 sesame seed buns
- 4 Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Burger
- 2 Vlasic Pickle Spears chopped
- 4 slices of your choice of cheese
- 4 tbsp Hunt's Classic Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
- 4 tbsp Mayo of choice
- Caramelize Onions and Mushrooms optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl add ketchup, spicy brown mustard, and mayo. Mix and set aside.
- In a 9 x 9 baking pan add the bottom half of your buns. Add 1 tablespoon of sauce and spread. Add the Gardein patty, cheese, and pickles. Top with one more tablespoon of sauce and place the top of your bun.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until warm and cheese has melted.