- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper or pepper of choice
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup Paquillo peppers
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese we used a colby jack blend
- 1 bag frozen tater tots cooked according to package instructions
- _reheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 10-inch skillet on medium high heat, add the ground beef. Cook until the beef is no longer pink, if you are using meat that isn't lean, make sure to drain the fat.
- Once beef is browned, add the both peppers, and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is combined. Spread the cheese evenly. Top with the tots. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve as is or add on a bun!