- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks bone in, skin removed
- -3 tsp tandoori spice divided
- -2 tsp olive oil
- -6 oz non fat Greek yogurt
- -3 cloves garlic minced
- -2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- -1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- -1 tsp black pepper divided
- -3 cups whole grain gluten free cereal flakes (or any flakes of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, 2 teaspoons tandoori spice, olive oil, garlic, ginger, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Mix well and toss in chicken. Make sure all the drumsticks are coated well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but best if refrigerated overnight.
- Place cereal, remaining 1 tsp tandoori spice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a large ziplock bag. Crush with hands. Pour cereal in a large plate and coat each piece of chicken with the cereal. Place on a sheet pan* that's been coated with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- *best if use a baking rack on the sheet pan to cook evenly and prevent chicken from getting soggy at the bottom. If you don't have one, make sure to flip the chicken half way through cooking.