Stuffed Pecan Turtle Skillet
This double chocolate cookie is stuffed with caramel, pecans, and topped with caramel candy, more pecans, and pretzels!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 1 cup pecan halves (divided)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted caramel (store bought or homemade)
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 8-10 caramel candy (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup mini pretzels (more or less to taste)
- sea salt flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat the vanilla, and eggs until light and creamy. Mix dry ingredients until stir just until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a large skillet place half the cookie dough. Add salted caramel, toffee, and half the pecans. Top with remaning cookie dough, and arrange the caramel candy, remaining pecans, and pretzels. Sprinkle sea salt flakes (optional).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before digging in!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!