- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels fresh, or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups salsa or pico di gallo fresh, drained of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Colby jack or Monterey cheese shredded
- sour cream or Greek yogurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Trim chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper then sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Add beans, corn, salsa and cilantro into casserole dish and mix until evenly combined. Place seasoned chicken breasts on top of veggies, top with cheese and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 35 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven, top with reserved chopped cilantro and serve chicken with veggies and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.