- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 2 oz squares of baking white chocolate
- 2 tsp red food coloring gel or a couple drops of red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add white chocolate and water to a large Microwave on high for 30 seconds, repeat in 30 seconds increments until chocolate is melted. (Stir in between each time.)
- Add in melted butter sugar and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the egg, flour and cocoa powder, vanilla and pinch of salt. Add the food coloring and whisk until smooth. If needed, add more food coloring.
- Grease the insides of two 4 oz ramekins with butter. Lightly flour the inside of the ramekins. Very important if you don’t want them to stick! Divide batter evenly into the two ramekins. Drop in chocolate square into each ramekin.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Watch the cakes closely toward the end. You want the center to look barely set. Let cool for a few minutes before trying to invert. Use a butter knife and run around the edges of the ramekin. Invert onto a plate. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings