Peanut Butter Pastry Braid
- 1 sheet puff pastry frozen and slightly thawed
- 4 oz large chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 5 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 1 egg whisked
- 3 crushed peanut butter sandwhich cookies
- peanut butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slightly thaw your puff pastry until it is easy to work with yet still cold. Open into a large rectangle. In the center add your chocolate, peanut butter and peanut butter cookies.
- Cut 1-inch sections from the center out.
- Carefully cut off the top two and bottom two pieces.
- Fold the top piece down and start braiding, one piece at a time, overlapping and alternating. End with tucking in the bottom. Brush with whisked egg.
- Top with crushed cookies. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with melted peanut butter (optional).