These Oven Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprouts are guaranteed to become a new staple side dish for holiday parties and weeknight dinners! Inspired by our Parmesan Potatoes, they’re tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and absolutely bursting with flavor! One bite is enough to convert even the strongest of Brussels sprouts haters.
Table of Contents
Think you don’t like Brussels sprouts? We challenge you to think again with these crispy oven roasted Brussel sprouts with Parmesan! Coated in rich butter, savory cheese, and lots of seasonings, they’re baked to crispy deliciousness yet are tender when bitten into. Just thinking about them, we’re drooling!
The easiest, most effective way to cook Brussels sprouts, this recipe is virtually failproof. Even better, it’s naturally nut-free, low-carb, and vegetarian to fit a variety of dietary needs. Plus, it’s quick and simple enough to whip up for a healthy weeknight side dish even the kids will eat yet fancy enough to serve for a holiday gathering. Side dishes don’t get better than this!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Believe it or not, you can create insanely delicious Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with just 7 ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand.
- Brussels Sprouts – For the best results, look for sprouts that are smaller in size with bright green compact leaves. Read more about how to pick the best here.
- Butter – Use salted or unsalted butter, and adjust the salt accordingly.
- Herbs and Spices – Smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper create a savory flavor with just a hint of spice.
- Parmesan Cheese – This is key to create the crisp, flavorful coating we’re looking for with these Parmesan Brussel Sprouts!
How to Make Oven Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Gone are the days of boiling Brussels sprouts until they’re mushy and bland! We’ll show you how to roast them to crispy, mouthwatering perfection with the simple steps below.
- Prepare the Sprouts. Remove the outer leaves from the veggies along with the stems, and slice them in half before setting them aside.
- Create the Parmesan Coating. In a large baking dish, add the butter, cheese, herbs, and spices. Mix until the ingredients are well combined, and spread the mixture out in a single layer.
- Arrange. Place the veggies cut side down in a single layer in the baking dish. Brush extra butter on top.
- Bake. Place the dish in the oven until the veggies are crisp on the outside and slightly charred around the edges but tender in the center.
Tips and Tricks
- Slice Smaller. As mentioned, smaller Brussels sprouts are best for this recipe as they have a sweeter flavor. However, if your sprouts are particularly large, you may want to slice them into quarters instead of halves to ensure they bake.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Baking Dish. Be careful to arrange your veggies in a single layer, leaving a tiny bit of space between each piece. This will help the Parmesan coating stick and crisp in the oven.
- Adjust the Spices. We kept the flavor profile fairly simple, letting the cheese shine through. However, feel free to mix and match your favorite herbs and spices to suit your flavor preferences. You can even add a dash of chili oil or hot sauce if you prefer your Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan spicy!
- Make It Dairy-Free. To make this recipe dairy-free, simply swap out the Parmesan for your favorite vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Potatoes
- Oven-Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Rice
- Turkey Caprese Sandwich
Common Questions About Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
Yes, for a quick meal, prepare your sprouts a day in advance, and keep them covered in the fridge. Then, just pop them in the oven when you’re ready to cook.
Once fully cooled, Oven Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprouts can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. We do not recommend freezing this recipe as it tends to become a bit soggy once thawed.
Parmesan Brussel Sprouts are best served right away while they’re still warm and crisp. However, if you do have leftovers, we highly recommend reheating them in the oven to prevent them from becoming limp or soggy. Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and warm your sprouts for about 10 minutes or until they’re heated through.
More Veggie-Loaded Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more veggie recipes that are so tasty you won’t even realize they’re healthy? Try out the options below!
- Honey Garlic Whole Baked Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Whole Carrots with Tahini Dressing
- Whipped Feta with Roasted Peppers
Oven Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Remove the outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts, trim the ends, and slice in half.
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, add the butter, Parmesan cheese, herbs, and spices. Mix to combine, and spread the ingredients out in a single layer.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Brush extra butter on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until they are tender and crispy.
- Serve warm!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.