Nutella Stuffed Croissant French Toast
- 6 jumbo croissants split in half
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Butter a 13x9 baking dish
- Spread Nutella on bottom half of the croissant. Place top half over the croissant and cut into slices. Layer half of them into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the mini chocolate chips over the croissants.
- Distribute cream cheese over the croissants and chocolate chips.
- Place the remaining croissants and chocolate chips into the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the croissants.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cover loosely with foil for the first 15 minutes, then remove. Otherwise it will brown too quickly! Bake for 50-60 minutes. *If you like a more firmer texture we suggest baking the full hour.