- 3 package instant ramen we used Mighty Mikes, (See note below about the seasoning packet)
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. sirloin or flank steak sliced against the grain
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1.5 cups colored peppers sliced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Add beef to a bowl, add in the cornstarch. Mix until all the beef is coated with the cornstarch. In a non-stick pan on medium high heat add the oil. Add the beef and spread evenly in pan making. Cook for a 3-4 minutes on one side and flip and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add reserved seasoning packet, water, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Add the ramen noodles. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove lid and stir the noodles. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
- *We used Mighty Mikes Ramen, which has a really rich broth from the seasoning packet. Depending on the ramen you use you may have to omit the seasoning.