Mocha Stuffed Cookie Skillet
This cookie is made with browned butter and espresso. Filled with Nutella and toffee! Top with sea salt flakes for the perfect sweet and salty cookie!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup browned butter (melted)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 8 oz dark chocolate bar cut into chunks (such as ghirardelli)
- 1 tsp Maldron sea salt flakes (optional, but highly recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the flour, espresso powder baking soda and salt; set aside.
- n a medium bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat the vanilla, and eggs until light and creamy.
- Mix dry ingredients until stir just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Place half of the cookie dough to the bottom of a skillet. Spread Nutella and toffee. Add remaining cookie dough to cover the nutella and toffee.
- Add salt flakes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Careful not to overbake! Let stand for 15 minutes before digging in. The cookie continues to cook in the hot skillet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!