Mocha Stuffed Cookie Skillet
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup browned butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 8 oz dark chocolate bar cut into chunks such as ghirardelli
- 1 tsp Maldron sea salt flakes optional, but highly recommended
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the flour, espresso powder baking soda and salt; set aside.
- n a medium bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat the vanilla, and eggs until light and creamy.
- Mix dry ingredients until stir just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Place half of the cookie dough to the bottom of a skillet. Spread Nutella and toffee. Add remaining cookie dough to cover the nutella and toffee.
- Add salt flakes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Careful not to overbake! Let stand for 15 minutes before digging in. The cookie continues to cook in the hot skillet.