- 1 package Old Home Foods prepared Mashed Potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions or chives, chopped
- 1 cup panko crumbs seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 6 oz block cheddar cheese cut in 1-in cubes
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl combined potatoes, flour, mozzarella cheese, and green onions. Mix until everything is combined.
- With a large ice cream scoop, take a scoop of the potato mixture and push in a cube of cheddar cheese, cover the cheese with the mashed potatoes. Roll around in panko crumbs.
- Drop in vegetable oil set at 350 degrees F. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
- *Tip: Make sure oil is not too hot, otherwise the outside will brown fast and the cheese will not melt inside. If this happens, place in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes and the cheese will melt!
- Yields: 10-12