- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning or a mix of oregano and basil divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Marinara * I used my low carb pizza sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella divided
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts depending on size
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make sure you slice your chicken breast down the middle to create a "pocket." if the chicken breast is still on the thicker side, you can pound it a little thinner.
- In a bowl add 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta, egg, half the Italian seasoning, and half the garlic powder. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Add one heaping tablespoon of marinara sauce to your chicken. Top with 3 tablespoons of filling. Fold the chicken over to "seal." Repeat seasoning on the top of the chicken. Place in a baking dish and top with remaining marinara and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.