Deep Fried Ice Cream on a Stick
Rich and creamy Van Leeuwen Ice Cream that is covered in a waffle cone crust and deep fried!
- 4 Van Leeuwen Ice Cream on a Stick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 5 waffle cones
- 1 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- peanut oil for frying
- In a bowl of your food processor add your waffle cones. Pulse until fine crumbs. Add to a plate and add cinnamon sugar.
- In another shallow bowl add flour and in a third shallow bowl add whisk eggs.
- Dip the ice cream on a stick in the egg, flour, egg, then waffle cone crumbs. Make sure it is coated well. Freeze at least for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer (or heavy pot) to 375˚F. Deep fry one ice cream stick at a time (leave the rest in the freezer) for 10 seconds until golden brown. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkles. Serve immediately or freeze!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!