Minestrone Soup (Copycat Olive Garden Minestone)
If you love Olive Garden's Minestrone soup, then you will love this easy homemade version! It's so hearty, comforting, and delicious!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow squash (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 28 oz canned petite diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 oz canned Cannellini beans (rinse and drained)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 tsp pepper (more or less to taste)
Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a large dutch oven or deep stock pot.
Add diced onions, chopped celery, carrots and both types of zucchini to the pot and heat everything up on the stove top over medium high heat. Mix everything together and allow it all to cook.
When the veggies have softened, add garlic, a scoop of tomato paste, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes, cannellini beans, black beans, and pasta.
Add a bay leaf then pour the broth into the pot.
Mix everything together. Bring the contents of the pot up to a boil and then down to a simmer. Cook everything together until the pasta reaches al dente.
Remove the bay leaf and the soup is ready to serve! Try serving it with homemade croutons, fresh parsley, and some crushed red pepper.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1312mg | Potassium: 878mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2946IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 4mg