- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained, 15 ounces
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In the bowl of the food processor, add the chickpeas, scallions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, baking powder and pulse to combine until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the eggs and flour until a dough comes together.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray. Add batter to waffle iron and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden-brown and crispy.
- Top tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, tahini, and a fried egg for garnish!