- -15 Medjool dates soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- -1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- -1 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- -2 tblsp honey or more, to taste
- -1 tsp orange zest
- -1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- -pinch of salt
- -assorted sliced fresh fruit
- Spray the bottom of a 9 inch pie or tart pan with cooking spray.
- Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and dry them before using.
- Pulse the dates, cashews, and pinch of salt together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides. (Best if dough is refrigerated for at least an hour).
- In a bowl stir together the yogurt, honey, zest, and vanilla. Top the mixture over the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit slices.