When you combine cheeseburgers and pizza, you get this delicious cheeseburger pizza!
A Classic Pizza
There is something so amazing about a traditional and classic pizza. Fresh made dough, with homemade marinara sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese is one of our favorites. Especially when it has a wood-fired pizza dough! This, however, is nothing close to a classic pizza!
While this recipe seems like it is an odd concoction, it was delicious! We got our inspiration from a local pizza chain in Minnesota. It’s a very simple recipe and can be modified to your liking.
How To Make This
First of all you want to find two thin pre made pizza crusts, it makes this recipe so easy put together. Second, cook lean ground beef with your favorite seasonings, we season our ground beef with a lot of fresh garlic, and a lot of dried Italian herbs. Lastly, gather all the toppings and fillings. This will need cheese slices, as well as shredded cheese, store bought marinara sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, and mustard.
Double Decker Cheeseburger Pizza
- 2 10- inch pre made pizza crust
- 8 oz cooked ground beef
- 16 oz marinara sauce (divided)
- 10 colby jack cheese slices (or cheddar cheese)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 small diced onion
- toppings of choice: shredded romaine lettuce (pickles, ketchup, and mustard)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place one pizza crust on a sheet pan. Add half of the marinara sauce, beef, and cheese slices.
- Top with the other pizza crust. Spread remaining marinara sauce. Top with sliced tomatoes, onions, and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly!
- Top with all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings! We did romaine lettuce, pickles, ketchup, and mustard.
If you love this recipe mashup, you will love our easy One Pot Pizza Pasta!