Creamy, cheesy, and so delicious, this Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta is an easy comfort food recipe that will have you completely addicted! Make it in just 20 minutes with the help of an Instant Pot.
Why Is This Recipe Called Crack Chicken?
The term crack chicken is used to describe a wide variety of recipes. However, one thing they have in common is that they call contain Ranch seasoned chicken. The idea is that the flavor combination is so delicious it’s as addictive as crack. One quick Google search, and you’ll find an endless list of recipe variations. For our version, we took the traditional seasonings and combined them with tender pasta and creamy cheese for an irresistible dinner.
What Is Crack Chicken Pasta Made Of?
For this recipe, we used simple ingredients to create an indulgent flavor. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Shredded Chicken – We love to keep shredded chicken on hand for salads, sandwiches, and more! You can make your own or buy it from the store. Just make sure it’s cooked before adding it to your Instant Pot.
- Pasta – We prefer penne pasta, but any similarly shaped noodles will work. You can even use gluten-free pasta if needed!
- Broth – Low sodium beef broth adds an extra rich flavor to the penne noodles.
- Cream Cheese – When melted and combined with the shredded cheese, this creates the thickest, most decadent sauce ever.
- Pimentos – These are a type of red chili pepper that is included to add just a hint of spice.
- Spinach – Tender baby spinach adds a pop of color and extra nutrients to this indulgent dinner.
- Cheese – We love to use shredded Colby Jack cheese for a bold, slightly tangy cheese sauce.
- Ranch Seasoning – For quick cooking, we buy pre-made packets from our local grocery store. However, you could also make your own with a recipe like this!
How to Make the Best Crack Chicken Pasta in an Instant Pot
Thanks to the Instant Pot, this is the easiest dinner you’ll ever make! Just follow the steps below, and dinner will be ready in less than 20 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese in the center of your Instant Pot followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Place the lid on top, and turn the valve to seal.
- Cook on the “Manual” or “High Pressure” setting for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, allow the Instant Pot to quick release.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Can I Make this Recipe without an Instant Pot?
Yes! If you don’t hhttps://www.fooddolls.com/cobb-salad-with-green-goddess-dressing/ave an instant pot, you can easily make this crack chicken pasta in a slow cooker or even in the oven.
For the Slow Cooker: Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker, and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours. Just be sure to keep an eye on your pasta as cooking times may vary.
For the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions. Then, add all of the ingredients to a baking dish, and cook for about 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Stir to combine.
Made with carbs, protein, fats, and a serving of veggies, this crack chicken pasta is a complete meal on its own! However, you can also pair it with sides and appetizers such as:
- No Knead Cheesy Foccacia Bread
- Cobb Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- Whipped Goat Cheese with Strawberries
- Whipped Feta with Roasted Peppers
Kept covered in the fridge, leftovers will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days. Then, it’s super easy to reheat in the microwave!
Can I Freeze Crack Chicken Pasta?
Yes! When stored in an airtight container, it will keep fresh for up to 2 months. To reheat your pasta, it’s best to let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Then, warm it in the oven at 350º Fahrenheit. However, if you’re in a pinch of time, it can be reheated from frozen. The cooking time will just take longer.
More Comforting Chicken Pasta Recipes
There’s nothing better than the combination of juicy chicken and tender pasta! Enjoy it even more ways with these family-friendly recipes.
- Coated in herbs, seared in the skillets, and smothered with a rich, creamy sauce, this Creamy Herb Chicken is a simple dinner recipe bursting with flavor.
- A healthy recipe ready in less than an hour, this Chicken and Broccoli Rice is always guaranteed to please.
- Made with a creamy sauce and a hint of spice, this Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken Recipe is a quick family dinner guaranteed to fill you up and keep you satisfied.
- Decadent and rich, this One Pot Chicken Tetrazzini will become your new favorite recipe!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese
- 1 pound penne pasta or similar shape
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1.5 cups colby jack cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces jar of pimentos
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning mix
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- In the Instant Pot, place the cream cheese in the center surrounded by the pasta and broth. Top with chicken, cheese, pimentos, Ranch seasoning, ans spinach.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and turn the valve to "sealing."
- Set on "Manual or High Pressure" for 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, hit the quick release valve carefully.
- Serve immediately.