This Cookies and Cream Mug Cake features two of the best desserts in one scrumptious recipe! Even better, it comes together in a single mug and cooks in less than two minutes for a single-serving dessert that’s too good to share!
Who doesn’t love a good mug cake recipe? With flavors like our Monster Cookie Mug Cake, Double Chocolate Mug Cake, and this Chocolate Coffee Mug Cake, we’ve got options to satisfy every craving. But you can never have too many, right? So, we made this Cookies and Cream Mug Cake, too!
A sweet vanilla cake batter is full of Oreo crumbs in every bite. Then, we added Cookies ‘n Cream Hershey’s Kisses for good measure, and pop it in the microwave for just over a minute. The end result is a moist, fluffy cake that’s bursting with gooey chocolate flavor!
Honestly, desserts don’t get better than this!
Why You’ll Love This Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
- 10 simple ingredients are all you need.
- The batter comes together in a single mug.
- It cooks in less than 2 minutes without the need to turn on the oven.
- This mug cake is perfect for a singe-serving treat or sharing with a friend!
What You’ll Need
One of our favorite things about this Cookies and Cream Mug Cake is that it comes together with ingredients you probably already have on hand!
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour forms the base of the batter.
- Sugar – Organic cane sugar sweetens the ingredients.
- Oreo Crumbs – You can usually find pre-made Oreo crumbs in the baking section of your local grocery store. Or, just add a few Oreos to a Ziploc bag, and crush them up!
- Baking Powder – This is crucial to help the batter rise. For the best results, make sure it’s fresh!
- Salt – Just a pinch helps enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
- Butter – Unsalted butter creates a light and tender texture and a rich taste.
- Egg – Used to provide structure to the batter, helping your mug cake hold its shape.
- Vanilla Extract – High-quality vanilla extract is used in most baked goods like this double chocolate bundt cake to enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
How to Make an Oreo Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
With this recipe, you can have all the flavor and texture of the best cake without the need to dirty up the kitchen or spend hours waiting for it to bake!
- Combine the Dry Ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mug until they’re well combined.
- Whisk the Wet Ingredients. Add the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Top. Arrange the Hershey’s Kisses evenly on top.
- Bake. Place your mug in the microwave for 90 seconds. To keep your microwave clean, we highly recommend placing your mug on top of a plate to catch any overflowing batter!
- Serve. Enjoy your mug cake warm with all your favorite toppings!
Topping Ideas and Flavor Variations
Honestly, this Cookies and Cream Mug Cake tastes incredible when it’s served on its own right out of the microwave. However, we love to add a dollop of whipped cream and extra crushed Oreos on top! Or, if you really want to treat yourself, cold vanilla or chocolate ice cream takes it to the next level.
Or, if you’re looking for ways to switch up the flavor, try variations like:
- Using Different Oreos. You can never go wrong with classic chocolate creme Oreos, but feel free to go crazy! Golden, red velvet, birthday cake, try out all the flavors! Or, use mini Oreos for little chunks of cookie goodness in every bite.
- Adding Chocolate Chips. Enhance the chocolate flavor by stirring chocolate chips into the batter.
- Using Cocoa Powder. Turn the base of the cake into chocolate goodness with a scoop of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Swap Out the Candy. Replace the Hershey’s Kisses with any other chocolate candy you have on hand. Lindt truffles, Ghiradelli squares, KitKats, and Reese’s are some of our favorite options.
Cookies and Cream Mug Cake Common Questions
If your mug cake is chewy or rubbery in texture, it’s likely because it was overbaked. Or, too much baking powder was added. Be sure to measure carefully, and keep an eye on your cake in the microwave!
Mug cakes are best eaten right away. However, if you must, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 day. When you’re ready to eat, reheat it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or just long enough for it to warm up. Be super careful not to let it overcook or it will be dry and rubbery!
Sure! Just swap out the flour with a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour. In addition, make sure to use gluten-free Oreos, and double-check the ingredients on all of the items used.
More Cookies and Cream Desserts
Looking for more ways to enjoy cookies and cream Oreo flavors? Don’t miss out on these desserts!
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookies ‘n Cream Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddy Recipe
- No-Bake Oreo Pie
2-Minute Oreo Cookies and Cream Mug Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Oreo crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 Cookies n’ Cream Hershey Kisses (or chocolate of choice)
- In a large microwave-safe mug, mix the flour, sugar, Oreo crumbs, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Place the Hershey’s Kisses on top of the batter.
- Place the mug on top of a plate, and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Add toppings of choice, and enjoy!
- Recipe Adapted from Cleobuttera.