- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper divided
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta uncooked
- 1/2 cup Old Home Sour Cream*
- 1 1/2 cups Old Home Small Curd Cottage Cheese*
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Once beef has cooked, ddd garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Pour the marinara sauce. Stir, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese, dried herbs and remaining salt and pepper. Add to the cooked noodles and stir until all the noodles are coated with the cottage cheese mixture.
- To assemble, add the noodles to a 13x9 baking dish. Top with the meat mixture, and both cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted and bubbly.
- *We used the full-fat cottage cheese and sour cream. Feel free to use a lower fat if you prefer.