Experience the ultimate indulgence with this warm and gooey Caramel Stuffed Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie! With layers of rich, buttery chocolate chip cookie dough, a decadent caramel candy center, and plenty of extra chocolate chips, each bite is the perfect balance of crisp and chewy textures oozing with silky caramel goodness. Enjoy it warm straight from the oven on its own or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Why You Need This Caramel Stuffed Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie
Everyone deserves to indulge in a sweet treat from time to time, and this single serve chocolate chip cookie is one of the best ways to do it! Better than your local bakery’s cookies, it’s:
- Made with 3 ingredients.
- Made in one dish for minimal prep and quick cleanup.
- Baked in less than 25 minutes.
- Perfect for enjoying on your own or sharing with a friend.
What Is a Deep Dish Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie?
Besides being completely delicious? A deep dish single serve chocolate chip cookie uses standard chocolate chip cookie dough. However, instead of being baked on a cookie sheet, it is added to a small ramekin or oven-safe mug. As a result, it’s deep instead of flat like regular chocolate chip cookies. Think deep dish pizza but dessert!
Baked in the oven, deep dish cookies are crisp and golden around the edges yet soft and gooey in the center. Even better, this version is stuffed with a Lindt chocolate caramel! As a result, it’s oozing with sweet, stick caramel goodness for a treat no one can resist.
Ingredients You Need
Made with a few shortcuts, this single-serve chocolate chip cookie comes together with just 3 ingredients! Here’s what you need:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – To save time, we opt for pre-made store-bought cookie dough. However, if you’re up to it, you can also make chocolate chip cookie dough from scratch!
- A Chocolate Caramel – We love Lindt chocolate caramel truffles, but any chocolate caramel candy you like best can be used.
- Chocolate Chips – You can never have too much chocolate! Any extra sprinkle of semi-sweet chocolate chips makes this single-serve cookie taste gourmet. Or, for a more intense flavor, swap them out for dark chocolate chips instead.
How to Make a Single-Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie
Not only is this recipe easy, but it’s pretty fun to make!
- Layer. Shape ⅓ of the cookie dough into a round cookie shape, and place it in the bottom of a ramekin. Place the chocolate candy on top along with some of the chocolate chips. Cover the ingredients with another disc of cooking dough. Then, add the remaining chocolate chips and the final layer of dough.
- Bake. Bake your deep dish cookie until the top of the dough is golden brown.
- Serve. Let your caramel stuffed single-serve chocolate chip cookie cool slightly, and dig in!
Recipes really can’t get much more simple than this. However, we have just a couple extra tricks to make the process an absolute breeze.
- Use a Big Enough Ramekin. The last thing you want is to overstuff your ramekin. Otherwise, all your ingredients will fall out! For the best results, use an 8-12 ounce ramekin.
- Use a Cookie Sheet. Before you start to bake place the ramekin on a baking sheet. This will catch any spillage if the cookie begins to overflow a bit and keeps your oven clean.
- Avoid Overbaking. It’s a little hard to tell when your single-serve chocolate chip cookie is done baking. So, be sure to keep a close eye on it in the oven, and remove the ramekin as soon as the cookie dough has risen and is golden brown around the edges.
- Cool. We know it’s nearly impossible to resist digging in right away. However, it’s important to let your cookie cool for a few minutes as it will continue to bake and set slightly as it cools.
Made with three layers of chocolate goodness, this caramel-stuffed single-serve chocolate chip cookie is unbelievably scrumptious. Oh, yes! However, if you want to take it to the next level, try adding a topping or two to make it extra decadent. For instance, some of our favorites include:
- Chocolate or Nutella
- Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie Common Questions
We do not recommend making this deep-dish cookie in advance. As it cools, the center will continue to set. Therefore, storing it for later would result in tough, dry layers instead of the velvety center we’re looking to achieve. Luckily, it’s super quick to make!
If you want to double this recipe, we recommend using two ramekins instead of adding the ingredients to a single large dish. This allows it to cook evenly and makes it easy to serve!
Sure! Just make sure to use certified gluten-free cookie dough. Or, make your own from scratch using an all-purpose 1:1 gluten-free flour. Also, be sure to double-check the ingredient list on the rest of the ingredients and ensure there is no risk of cross-contamination with other gluten-containing ingredients.
More Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
There’s nothing more nostalgic than a warm chocolate chip cookie! Enjoy all the traditional flavors you love with these unique chocolate chip cookie desserts:
- Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Caramel Stuffed Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip cookie dough (divided into thirds)
- 1 Lindt chocolate caramel (or chocolate caramel candy of choice)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease an 8-12 ounce ramekin, and set aside.
- Divide the cookie dough into 3 equal-sized cookie-shaped discs.
- Press one of the cookie dough discs into the bottom of the ramekin. Place the chocolate caramel on top along with half the chocolate chips.
- Add a second disc on top followed by the remaining chocolate chips and the final cookie dough disc.
- Place the ramekin on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!