- 2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups organic sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon such as Penzy's Vietnamese Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1¼ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkles of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pans well.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon the batter into the pans, filling to the top. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- Topping: In a microwave safe bowl, place chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- Yields 10-12 donuts. Use Wilton 6-cavity donut pan!
- Place the sprinkles in a plate. Dip each donut in the melted chocolate and then into the sprinkles. Place on a cooling rack until chocolate sets.