- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil such as Star Fine Foods
- 2 eggs beaten
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese sliced (or shredded mozzarella cheese)
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, Italian herbs. Pour over the bread crumbs. Mix until it is combined and the bread crumbs have been coated with the olive oil mixture. Dip each chicken breast in the egg wash, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Add the marinara sauce and cheese over the chicken. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted bubbly.