- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Add coconut flakes and salt, stir again until combined. Using a large ice cream scoop, form into large balls and place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add the chocolate chips. Place in the microwave and microwave on high in 30 second increments (stirring in between) until chocolate is completely melted. Drizzle over the macaroons. *option: Want more chocolate? Dip the bottom of the macaroon in melted chocolate and place on parchment paper.