- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Reese’s pieces
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 12-16 Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, melt butter until browned (Click here for a recipe to make browned butter.) Remove from heat. Add the brown sugar and beat well until combined. Add in the eggs, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt, just until combined. Fold in the Reese’s pieces and chocolate chips. Add half the batter into the baking dish. Spread with peanut butter (it’s easier to melt the pb in the microwave for 30 seconds to make it easier to spread). Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden. Immediately add the peanut butter cups. Cool before cutting. Or if you are like us you will have a piece while it’s warm and gooey!