- 8 oz cooked spaghetti noodles
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, or sharp cheddar cheese
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour. Cook 1 minute whisking, until it is bubbly.
- Slowly pour in the milk. Whisk until it thickens. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in the marinara sauce until combined.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese.
- Stir cooked pasta into the sauce* garnish with shredded parmesan cheese
*If it is too thick add a little splash of milk until desired consistency.